Chest pain, discomfort in shoulder blade and arm due to heart problems?

so thursday afternoon i was just sitting down eating with XXXXXXX and i had this huge jolting shooting pain from my back to chest and back again- the pain was indescribable and hurt so bad it took my breath away ... after a minute or two was fine,, i continued with my day... well friday i went to my dr more because i was worried... they said it seemed more muscular but i didnt have an ekg done... since friday ive had some slight discomfort in left shoulder blade and arm area... its making me nervous.. my activites have stayed the same and i even went bowling today... does this sound like a heart issue ?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Pain atypical for heart issues,ask for an ECG... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query very carefully. The pain that you are experiencing is atypical for heart issues. However a doctor should do an ECG before reaching a more accurate conclusion. So I suggest going again to your doctor and ask for an ECG to be done. After that (if it's normal) stay calm and don't worry, because you have nothing to worry about. It's most probably a muscular pain as your doctor said. Hope it was of help! DR. Benard