Chest pain, burning shoulder blade, tingling sensation in chest. Have panic attacks. Help

Hi I've been having chest pain for about 5 months now feels like its in my muscles I have had a number of ecg's they have all been normal also my left shoulder blade feels like its burning an can get very painful it cums down my arm and into hand also tingling sensation in chest back and arm I've been having physio on my back it did help at first but doesn't seem to be helping now the doctor said I was having panick attacks that what was causing the chest pain and tingling I get all these symptoms almost everyday I'm wondering if it is nerve damage could you please help me
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 2 hours later

Your symptomatology can be explained by shoulder pathology with nerve compression like frozen shoulder which may cause radiating pain down the arm along with tingling sensation. For that you need to have ultrasonographic evaluation of shoulder joint.
Physiotherapy pain management will be of help in this situation and you also got some help by it initially. I think you need to discuss on this issue with your physiotherapist. Though you didn't mention any movement restriction in your shoulder, actually there remains some movement restriction in frozen shoulder.

Heart conditions may also cause such scenario though you have told that ECG on multiple occasions is normal. I will suggest you to go for a TMT (trade mill test) because on TMT, abnormality can be detected even if ECG is normal. I also advise you to have a chest x-ray PA view if not done yet.

Your doctor rightly said that panic attack also may lead to such symptomatology for which you need to take benzodiazepine group of drugs.

If you have further queries you may write back to me. Kindly write a review on this answer.

Best Regards,
Dr Arnab Maji