Chest pain, burning in throat, breathing difficulty, abdominal pain. On medications, no relief. EKG, cardiac, chest X-ray normal. Causes for breathlessness?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
healthy 36 yo female just out of the blue i had an episode where i couldnt breathe, i had sudden chest pain and a burning in my throat taht lasted about 3-4 minutes. I went to the er immediately had an ekg, cardiac enzymes and a chest xray everything came back fine. Since then its a daily struggle with pain in my chest back, shoulders, sternum, and sometimes left rib cage. Ive taken every med kown to man nothing helps. Ive also had 2 stress echos, 11 sets of cardiac enzymes, numerous chest xrays, ct with contrast of the lungs, physical therapy, and cortisone injections and nothing has helped, amd no diagnosis of this pain. I would love some suggestions or answers as to what this can be. Also i have had a lot of abdominal pain like stabbing pain in the abdomen, ive been on prevacid, prilosec, donnatol, and kefflex for this and no relief.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
It is nice to know that all your tests have come back normal. Since the organic causes have been ruled out already and medicines are not helping you either, anxiety disorder seems to be the most likely cause.
To help this problem you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
You can also discuss the problem with your GP who will help you in choosing a good anti anxiety drug with low day time sedation.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.