Chest pain, back pain and edema. Diagnosed with congestive heart failure, COPD and ovarian cyst. Risks in draining the water from body?

i have been diagnosed with unfolding of an atheromatous thoracic aorta on a chest x-ray. I was recently hospitalized through emergency and they kept me in the hospital for 1 1/2 weeks and said i had copd and congestive heart failure and heart murmer, and the vein on the right side of my neck was very bad.
After they did 2 echocardiograms they said i dont have congestive heart failure. However i still have chest pain and use nitro prn. Also when i was in the hospital i had over 30lbs of water removed. What are the risks of all this when i have had the problem with severe edema since 2007 off and on. Am waiting to see a specialist for a cyst on my ovary that is bigger than the ovary, it has progressly enlarged, and has a septum in the middle with some other change.Chronic Back pain,have had many pinched nerves, and an annular tear, osteoarthris ,Hip pain bilateraly, had one pain injection to right hip and many pain injections into lumbar S1 spine.
take synthroid ,oxcodone,oxazapam,trazodone,tyl #3,buscopan, baclofen,cymbalta,asa 80mg,losec,lomotil prn, multi vit, vit d 2,000 iu, cesamet,tu XXXXXXX (probiotic).go for vena fer infusions 2 - 3times a week at 200mg,
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 12 hours later

I understand that you dealt with multiple problems in the past. You are dealing with crucial problem at this point in time.

Draining 30lbs of water from the body (in any way) through procedures was understood as critical problem. My advice will be more specific if you could have specified the route of drainage. It would be better if you can give the complete diagnosis written in the discharge summary. It is also essential to know the reason for 'on and off' edema.

Fluid accumulation in the body can happen because of heart failure, liver failure, a lung problem like COPD which can also results in heart functional compromise.
COPD, Congestive Heart failure, Cyst in the ovary can accumulate lot of fluid in the body by their complex pathological process. Certain specific type of cysts of the ovary can cause effusion in the abdomen and lung. You should be seeing a 'Gyno-Oncologist' for the septate ovarian cyst. It may need definite treatment in the form of surgery if your general condition is good.

To summarize you are dealing with potentially morbid problem which has to be treated by multiple specialists.

Hope I tried to answer your query.