Chest pain, armpit pain. Nuclear stress test normal. I am pregnant. Muscular or heart condition?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I am a 29 year old active and healthy female. I have been experiencing "chest pain" tht moves around and comes and goes. It will be under my left breast in the rib. And then also on top of left breast into middle of chest. Almost like I want to strtch it out and also in the left side of chest right where the chest and arm XXXXXXX at armpit and then sometimes in the left middle of my chest. Then sometimes it'll be in the right side. I had this pain begin in September of 2011 and had a nuclear stress test done and the results were normal and had a chest xray. Then I had a regular echo done and they found a murmor and said I had mvp with very very minor regurgitation. All was well and then I had another episode of chest pain begin around end of november 2012 that lasted till XXXXXXX I had another echo done and he said it was not my heart. My regular MD said it was costrocontriitis and maybe pinched nerve. I wanted second opinion and saw a different cardiologist and they did a stress echo on me. He said he was 99.9 percent sure it was not my heart. So now I've had another episode begin of this unusual "pain". It is giving me so very much anxiety and I am 16 weeks pregnant so its taking all the XXXXXXX away. I tried to see my cardiologist, but he won't see me bc he said its not my heart. Sometimes I can make a pain in my center chest if I stretch a certain way. Do you think this is muscular or that I have a heart condition? Are there any other tests that can be performed? Would you be able to see a problem with the tests I have had done? In addition to visiting regular doctors I have also been to the ER for fear of heart attack and they said not heart. Please help and give me guidance.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 4 hours later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

You have written very nice and elaborate description. I have gone through all details and found that it is definitely not related with heart disease.

First of all, what is important is to see that this pain is going to create problem for life or not, that cardiologist has confirmed that there is no heart disease.

Secondly, the character of your pain you described is non-cardiac pain, now question is, if it is not related to heart then what it is ????
Therefore, answer is that, in our body many organs like muscle, bones, nerves etc. present over the chest. That pain looks like cardiac, our target is to see for any risk for life, and that doctor has given you the answer that this is a Non-cardiac pain. So you are safe.

And in many occasions pain persist even after treatment / pain killer. Because we always think of the pain or the adverse effect of the pain.
Once your all reports are ok then there is nothing to worry.

Now the main question, as this taking away all your XXXXXXX definitely its important because to be mother and enjoy is important.

But problem is that in this condition you should avoid unnecessary medication also. What I can advice you is that do some meditation, listen good music, discourses etc. which will help both of you.

Wish you enjoy the best part of your life (to be a mother) ... probably god has created you for that....

Good luck ....
Follow-up: Chest pain, armpit pain. Nuclear stress test normal. I am pregnant. Muscular or heart condition? 15 hours later
Thank you for your reply. I am trying so hard to not worry about it. Are there any other tests that I could have performed? How reliable are the tests that I had done- the echo, echo stress and then the nuclear XXXXXXX stress test? How can i be sure it's nothing serious?
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 9 hours later
Welcome again.....
In your case, all the test which need to be done has been done already. And all the tests are good. With this reports there no reason to be worry. Even though you are taking this issue unnecessarily.

My advice is that you should concentrate to your pregnancy related issue, like what to eat, how to relax, what are the precautions, how will be the grow of fetus etc. ....

Wish you be a healthy and good mother....

Good luck