Chest pain, ECG and blood pressure normal. Taken Pariat and Somac. Ultrasound shows enlarged spleen and fatty liver. How can I fix it?

Hi Can you help
I have had chest/upper abdominal pain for the past 2-3 months. I have had my heart check ECG, blood pressure, blood work its all good. I have high ferrum, ALT, CCG. Still chest pain persists. The chest pain seems be across the middle (bottom of the rib cage), it also takes in the upper abdomin (near the bottom of the sternum), under the left bottom ribs.
I have been on Pariat & Somac which gives only minor relief. Also the pain gets worst when I eat. It feels like Im so full, busting under my rib, I'm not eating much at all.
I have had a utra sound of the abdomin, they found an enlarged spleen and a fatty liver. however the doctors had said they dont believe this is what is causing the chest pain.
I am in Lima, Peru at present and have Buscopan in my medical kit which stops muscle spasm in the stomach and decided to give it a go. It has given me immediate relief, pain goes down from 8 to about a 2. However, as I understand this just reduces or counteracts acetylcholine. But why has this increased to cause the spasm.
Other info, I was on testosterone and cortisone suppliments, DHEA to manage low testosterone. I stopped this about 6 months ago as my wife and are trying to get pregnant. Whilst I was on the testosterone treatment I became infertile. Now off the testosterone my active sperm has come back, however, it is still low.

My main concern is what is happening with my chest pain and how can I fix it?

Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I have read your history and symptoms in depth.

It seems like you probably have GERD or chronic peptic ulcer disease that has been inadequately treated.

In your situation, it would be ideal to get an upper gastrointestinal Endoscopy and look for any pathology in your stomach.

Pain gets worse after eating in case of duodenal ulcer. There is also associated fullness and bloated sensation.

I would like to know if all the parameters of your lipid profile is normal or not.

You can take cyclopam; it is an effective anti-spasmodic.

Meanwhile consume plenty of fluids, eat vegetable salads and fruits more.

You should be fine soon.

Do write back for further discussion on this.