Chest discomfort, shoulder and arm discomfort, happens only when lying down, noise in throat

I am Male 27 years of age,
Since yesterday I am having slight discomfort in my chest it started of from the left side near the nipple and in the morning the shoulder and the arm was also having little discomfort,the shoulder discomfort went away as of now but the entire chest is uncomfortable as of now,there is no problem while i am moving around and doing my work, I only realize it when i Lie down also when i lie down my throat makes some strange noise at intervals.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 8 hours later
Hello and thank you for some of your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

I have to say that I believe the most likely contribute factor of your symptoms is related to your gastrointestinal tract. A moderate degree of acid build up in your stomach and esophagus can sometimes caused chest discomfort and chest pain. this pain can sometimes radiate to the shoulder as well. The reason this happens is because the same nerves which give us a sensation of our muscles and joints also communicate signals from our XXXXXXX organs.

In your case I would suggest a regimen of acid suppression to see how well you do. I would suggest you go to your local pharmacy and obtain some omeprazole. I would obtain a 20 mg dose and I would recommend that you take this twice daily for seven days and then once daily for 10 days. I suspect that your symptoms will improve quickly.

I'm really not suspicious that you're dealing with any type of cardiac problem. I do not think this is life-threatening at all.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to discuss them with you.

Dr. Robert
Follow-up: Chest discomfort, shoulder and arm discomfort, happens only when lying down, noise in throat 43 hours later
Hi Doc

Had my ECG done which was ok had two observations 1-Sinus Rhythm 2- T wave inversion at lead III
The Doc said everything was fine as there is no Cardiac problem.
I have started the acid suppression course..

Thanks for your help
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 9 hours later
Hello and thank you for the additional information.

I am very glad but not surprised that you're electrocardiogram was within normal limits. This is excellent news. I encourage you to continue on your course toward optimal health.

It was a pleasure to share your health concern. Please let us know if you have any additional questions in the future.

Dr. Galamaga