Chest discomfort, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, Helicobacter, no gall bladder stones

Dear Doctor,

I am a male and 34 years old.

I have a kind of pressure just on the left rib cage. Just down part. It feels just like pressure. It is not pain but very discomfortable.

I have had that before and also had colonoscopy and gastroscopy which turnd back with no results. All was good except I had Helicobacter..

Also had abdominal ultrasound last march.. Had nothing.. All was good. I also have no gal bladder stones.

When this pain accure, I feel pressure and I can not breath deeply only if I consitrate and want to XXXXXXX breath, then I can, and lay down relax then I can do that.

It causes no pain when I breath.

It seems that it increases when I sit alot, drive alot..

I have had this 3 months ago when I was afraid from Colon Cancer (I am 34 years old only) and now I was diagnosed with Epdididymits

I got scared from testiscle cancer and again this pain came back again.

I have no problems if I lie down on my left side.. Or when I use a bandage and make it tight around my chest then I feel better.

I also when I put my hand on it it feels little better.

Also it gets better when I use something warm and put it on the place.

Also I dont wake up from it during my sleep. When I wake up then is the pain minimum and it increase during the day.

I also lost about 2 kilos the last 2 weeks. and lost another 3 kilo's when I was scared from Colon cancer.

Could that be my anxciety from cancer? What I can do to decrease the discomfortiblilty?

I also had diarrhea the last time.

In the past I had lots of muscle pain in my back and neck which is now much better.

Can you please advice?

Note: Last year in the summer there was also an xray made for my chest which turned back with nothing...

Thanks in advance
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 55 minutes later

Thanks for the Query.

I would like to know a few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Did you sustain any injury there?
2.) Are you diabetic or hypertensive?

Your history suggests you have either:

1.) Fibromyalgia
2.) Muscle Cramp.
3.) Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)

These has to be ruled out. Kindly get yourself examined by a primary physician so that he/she may do a physical examination and eoder few tests to confirm the underlying pathology. Your Physician may order, EKG, 2D-ECHO to rule out any heart pathology. Immediate medical attention would be needed if you happen to develop pain, swelling or lumps in your testicles or groin area, especially if they last longer than two weeks.

Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause.

Colon Cancer is not common at your age, Testicular Cancer has been ruled out by your Doctor by confirming Epididymitis.

Continue with treatment of Helicobacter, Epididymitis. Following up with your doctor for the same is necessary to make sure complete treatment of these 2 problems.

In the meantime you can bring in some lifestyle changes:

1.) If all the tests are normal, you can apply heat pads or cold packs, to your ribcage area when you get the pain. Use a cold pack to relax muscles, Use a heating pad later if you have pain or tenderness, or take a hot shower.
2.) Drink Plenty of water
3.) Avoid stress, Practice relaxation techniques like Yoga and Meditation
4.) Sleep for a Minimum of 8 Hours daily
5.) Exercise regularly for an Hour daily
6.) Avoid smoking and alcoholism
7.) Avoid coffee
8.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.
Follow-up: Chest discomfort, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, Helicobacter, no gall bladder stones 2 hours later
1.) Did you sustain any injury there?
2.) Are you diabetic or hypertensive?
THE high blood pressure present in my family. Mine is at this moment normal.

Your history suggests you have either:

1.) Fibromyalgia
I dont know what this is.
2.) Muscle Cramps
3.) Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Once i have Somers pain i immediately thinking it is cancer.

You mentioned any pain in testicle? Well i had That last month but there is an ultrasound made for my testicle and there was Nothing abnormal except hydrocele or spermatocele
Follow-up: Chest discomfort, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, Helicobacter, no gall bladder stones 21 minutes later

You also mentioned nothing about loung or spleen or pancreas or even colon ? Trapped gases or something?

Because I am now very afraid it is my lounge. But during night I don't feel anything and I just sleep. Specially when I sleep on my left side, then It feels normal.

When I stretch I feel more discomfort or pain.

They don't cause pain when I breath.

I don't know but I am trying to give as much information as I can
Follow-up: Chest discomfort, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, Helicobacter, no gall bladder stones 2 minutes later

My blood pressure is righ now 12,6 / 7,6

And I don't think it is my heart because it's more left under side of rib cage
Follow-up: Chest discomfort, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, Helicobacter, no gall bladder stones 14 hours later

The pain is much less today. I did make some exersizes yesterday. and when I pressed the area, I lost some gases..So I think they are some trapped gases?

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 6 hours later

Thanks again for writing Back.

Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues.

Your Follow up history and the normal reports suggests it might be

1.) Gastritis
2.) Gas pains

Your history doesn't support any Lung, Liver or Spleen Pathology.

Gas forms when bacteria in your large intestine ferment carbohydrates that aren't digested in the small intestine. The most common offenders are the Fiber XXXXXXX foods. The gas can also form if you have swallowed air or if you have constipation.

I encourage you to get yourself examined by a symptoms. Those life style changes include:

1.) Eat several small meals throughout the day
2.) Eat slowly, chew your food thoroughly
3.) Avoid chewing gum
4.) Avoid smoking and alcoholism
5.) Exercise regularly and maintain a Healthy weight, this may help move gas from your Digestive tract.

Hope my answer helps you.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.