Chest discomfort and pain in left shoulder. On xanax. Having pain in neck and shoulder. Advice

Diabetologist
Question
Hi My complain is that sometimes i feel little chest discomfort & pain in my left shoulder when climping up the stairs ( about 7 floors) & sometimes i feel nothing . I went to 2 of the most excellent Cardiologists in my country & they did for me an ECG & physical exam , my blood pressure was 130/85 & 115/80 & they told me that i am stressed & they gave me somthing called Xanax . N.B: i always have sever pain in my neck & shoulder specially after waking up & after a long day at work infront of the PC . What is your opinion ?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: case of cervical spondylosis and gastritis Detailed Answer: Dear sir Welcome to healthcare magic I throughly reviewed your case and came to conclusion that due to your prolonged sitting in front of computer you are getting episodes of pain in the neck and shoulder.. It might be even due to cervical spondylosis.. which can be confirmed by x XXXXXXX of cervical spine... Thirdly you complained of easy fatigue in climbing.. related to it your ecg is also normal but ecg wont be enough for excluding heart disease. Some times TMT test will reveal lot of details Thirdly xanax is a pain relieving drug which acts for a limited period of time. Not suitable for long time.. Keeping all these in mind consult your cardiologist and get tmt test done and review cervical spine x XXXXXXX with orthopedician Hope information is helpful Thanks

Follow-up: Chest discomfort and pain in left shoulder. On xanax. Having pain in neck and shoulder. Advice 54 minutes later
Why my 2 cardiologists & they are professors didn't asked me to do tmt test . I also just climped 9 floors (200 stairs) now (one shot & i felt nothing . )

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diagnosis by exclusion Detailed Answer: Dear sir I understand your concerns,, but we advice to make diagnosis by exclusion.. by doing tmt test you will exclude many Conditions such as angina.. Most of the time tests may be negative but there are possibilities of positives which should not be missed. Thanks

Follow-up: Chest discomfort and pain in left shoulder. On xanax. Having pain in neck and shoulder. Advice 6 days later
I did yesterday a Cardio Stress test & it was very normal too .

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Reflux gastritis Detailed Answer: Dear sir I am glad the test came out negative. In that case, this might be due to reflux gastritis. You can discuss with your doctor. In the interim, you can try antacids and over the counter proton pump inhibitors for couple of weeks. Bring about changes in your life style to manage stress, food and sleep well. They would help. Hope this helps. Thanks

Follow-up: Chest discomfort and pain in left shoulder. On xanax. Having pain in neck and shoulder. Advice 1 hour later
Sorry i didn't mentioned before that I have been diagnosed with sliding Hiatus Hernia & Bile Gastritis since last May 2013 . & i already take Nexium 20 . Because i didn't thaught that may the left chest discomfort can be related to the stomach . Thanks

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gastritis will cause chest pain Detailed Answer: Dear sir Gastritis, H. pylori infection and hiatus hernia will cause chest pain and some times left sided predominant pain. So never exclude the cause. You can add domperidone with levosulpiride to nexium for additional benefits after discussing with your treating doctor. Hope you feel good Thank