Chest cold, sore throat, swollen tonsils with pus pockets. Taken antibiotics. Could this be an STD?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I went to the doctor for a chest cold and soar throat. He gave me antibiotics and it cleared up could this be an std from 3 months ago because my tonsils are swollen again with puss pockets
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Swollen tonsils with pus pockets are more likely to be due to a primary infection of the tonsils rather then due to any STD. In case of STD, other constitutional symptoms would have been there.
If the infection cleared up with first line antibiotics, then STD is unlikely. Please do not worry. You can get a throat swab culture done to confirm the diagnosis. Proper antibiotic treatment can then be instituted according to the report.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Chest cold, sore throat, swollen tonsils with pus pockets. Taken antibiotics. Could this be an STD? 12 hours later
Thank you, very helpful

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
You are most welcome.
I hope you will recommend this website to your friends too.

Follow-up: Chest cold, sore throat, swollen tonsils with pus pockets. Taken antibiotics. Could this be an STD? 29 minutes later
I will do that sir

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 26 minutes later
Thanks for choosing our website.