Chemically straightened hair and damaged badly. Shaved hair and hair is dry. Suggest treatment?

Dermatologist
Question
hi i am male 20 years i had chemically straightened my hair 2 years back but my hair got damaged very badly the symptoms are brittle dry lusterless and hair without any weight and there are little freckles of hair that XXXXXXX and look ugly i have even shaved my hair couple of times but my natural hair didnt return i am seriously very worried and cannot concentrate doctor can you please help me get my natural hair back and recommend some medicines which will help me recover fast i cut my hair very short every month because when its long i face hairfall and for how long i will be getting dry and hair without weight
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the query,
Chemical straightening can damage the hair but the hair re grow normally.
When you say it is not re growing properly, there must be some underlying cause like nutritional deficiency.

You can take the following medication,
1. use anaphase shampoo and triflow conditioner.
2. Daily in evening apply trichomin spray,
3. Apply minoxidil lotion 5 % daily twice.
4. Take tab follihair daily.

Do this entire thing for at least 3 months to get result.
There will be result but it wont be immediate,
So have patience and follow the treatment.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you

Follow-up: Chemically straightened hair and damaged badly. Shaved hair and hair is dry. Suggest treatment? 32 minutes later
thank you doctor for the help can you please tell me where i will get all these products from and can you please tell me the name of the tablets that you recommended and my only worry is that will i get my original genetic hair back or my hair roots have been damaged

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 39 minutes later
Hello thanks for follow up.
I have given you nutritional supplements.
The spray is A copper complex which helps in hair growth. While minoxidil increases the blood supply to hair. Dont worry you will get good results with this. You can get these products in any big medical store. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Chemically straightened hair and damaged badly. Shaved hair and hair is dry. Suggest treatment? 1 hour later
thank you very much doctor for all the help one more thing i hope the chemicals have not done a permanent damage to my hair roots and will shaving off help my hair recover fast and help me get rid of my dry and brittle hair

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 minutes later
Dont worry there wont be any permanent damage, else the hair would not have been growing.
Shaving is not going to help you.
Let your hair grow and apply the medications.

You are most welcome to ask any doubt any time.

Follow-up: Chemically straightened hair and damaged badly. Shaved hair and hair is dry. Suggest treatment? 2 hours later
hello doctor i had gone out to buy these medicines they are not available at any drug store can you please recommend me medicines which are easy to get as iam a student i dont have that kind of money to buy such expensive medicines you can tell me or recommend me tablets which are easy i dont want to use the shampoo because it makes my hair feel more dry and thin can you please tell me something which is easy to use and i dont have to spend much thinking about it

Ok. I will change the medications for you which are of less cost. Apply tugain lotion 5 % twice daily.
Take androanagen tab daily.
This will give you good results and it should be easily available.
Thank you

Follow-up: Chemically straightened hair and damaged badly. Shaved hair and hair is dry. Suggest treatment? 7 days later
1.hello doctor i had gone to get these medicines but they ask for a prescription and for the androanagen tablets they are asking for the brand name also can you please mail me a prescription to YYYY@YYYY for buying these medicines.
2.I also wanted to ask you one more question can i cut open vitamin e tablets and apply the gel to my scalp they say you might see a difference in the texture and the process also may speed up thank you and waiting for your reply

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello, androanagen itself is a company. If you are not getting this please ask for any tablet containing saw palmetto. I dont think they will accept online prescription. Best is XXXXXXX a general practicnor and get a prescription. No dont apply opened capsules on scalp, instead you can use a vitamin E containing shampoo. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Detailed Answer:

Follow-up: Chemically straightened hair and damaged badly. Shaved hair and hair is dry. Suggest treatment? 49 minutes later
thank you doctor for the help i had met a general physician he only told me to cut open vitamin e tablets and apply on scalp than to consume it im gonna buy the medicines today i have the chemist near my house they told me that they will accept online precriptions.
doctor one more question when i cut my hair really short it looks normal but when it starts growing all the hair strands start to split how much time will it take to get normal hair and if i use shampoo the hair looks like it has no weight thats why i as thinking of cutting vitamin e capsules and using it

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello kishnu, Thanks for follow up. To treat that splitting only I had advised you to use trichomin spray in my first post. This spray is available online. Its bit costly but gives good result in cases of splitting of hair. Regarding online prescription, i could have only mailed you the same thing, as I dont have a particular online consultancy of my own, and this website does not allow online prescriptions. I suggest you to get all the medications written on a prescription and get signed by your gp. Open vit E capsules can be used to treat small scars. It can work on hair also but problem is, you will require at least 4 or 5 capsules at one time, which may harm your hair. Better go for a vitamin E XXXXXXX shampoo or apply raw eggs. Feel free to ask any other doubts. Thank you

Detailed Answer:
Hello kishnu,
Thanks for follow up.
To treat that splitting only I had advised you to use trichomin spray in my first post.
This spray is available online. Its bit costly but gives good result in cases of splitting of hair. Regarding online prescription, i could have only mailed you the same thing, as I dont have a particular online consultancy of my own, and this website does not allow online prescriptions. I suggest you to get all the medications written on a prescription and get signed by your gp. Open vit E capsules can be used to treat small scars. It can work on hair also but problem is, you will require at least 4 or 5 capsules at one time, which may harm your hair. Better go for a vitamin E XXXXXXX shampoo or apply raw eggs. Feel free to ask any other doubts. Thank you

thank you very much doctor for helping me i have bought the tugain lotion 5 percent and i will buy the tablets also can i consume vitamin e with the androanagen tablets or how about becadaxin multimineral tablets as it has folic acid and i also following a protein XXXXXXX diet like consuming soya milk i hope this problem gets solved soon and i get my natural hair back if you want to give me any other important advice please feel free thank you very much

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome. As for now this much supplementation is enough. Yes you can take multi mineral tablet along with vitamin E. You are always welcome to ask any doubt any time. Thank you

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
As for now this much supplementation is enough.
Yes you can take multi mineral tablet along with vitamin E.
You are always welcome to ask any doubt any time. Thank you

Follow-up: Chemically straightened hair and damaged badly. Shaved hair and hair is dry. Suggest treatment? 2 days later
hello doctor the tugain lotion 5 percent will it help in improving the hair structure and hair shaft and according to you after taking these medicines how much time will take to get back my normal thick hair or i wont get my natural hair back

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
tugain, 3 month, response

Detailed Answer:
Yes tugain will help you in regaining hair structure, but you must use it atleast for 3 months to see results.
Keep applying it regularly.
There wont be any response if you stop it in between.
I have seen hundreds of patients getting very good results.
So rest assured and just follow the treatment.

Thank you

Follow-up: Chemically straightened hair and damaged badly. Shaved hair and hair is dry. Suggest treatment? 11 days later
(1)hello doctor sorry to disturb you again i wanted to inform you that i have started to take androanagen tablets (2) when my hair grows i can see my hair strands splitting from all side and its almost been more than 1 and half years its not getting all right (3)doctor i dont see any signs of baldness its just that the hair is dry and brittle and when i shampoo it becomes my hair becomes very light and without weight (4)doctor i wanted that can you recommend me keratin tablet which may be availaible in drug stores because im really feeling nervous and i want to get get fine and forget about this disaster (5)can recommend some medicines which will help me recover fast (6)and one more thing will i be able see my natural hair again.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keratex , skin o2

Detailed Answer:
Nice to hear from you. Dont worry you will get response. Just it will take bit time.
Following additional things i would like to suggest you.
1. Keratex oil. It is a keratin containing oil. Apply it daily in morning.
2. Capsule skin O2. It will help in smoothen your hair.
3. Use tri flow conditioner after shampooing your hair.
Please use these products for atleast 3 months. You will surely get results. Thank you

Follow-up: Chemically straightened hair and damaged badly. Shaved hair and hair is dry. Suggest treatment? 20 hours later
thank you doctor i am using the keratex oil and about the skin o2 tablets can i have it along with the androanagen tablets and what will be the dosage of skin o2 tablets sir i was thinking if you could suggest me some keratin based medicine along with androanagen tablets so that it could speed up the process

Brief Answer:
Both can be taken together

Detailed Answer:
Hello kinshu,
Keratex is keratin based oil.
Yes you can take skin O2 along with androanagen.

Dont worry just continue with medication,
You must continue it for at least 3 months to get good response.

Thank you