Cheeks covered with acne. Can I use HH lite cream on my acne ? How to get rid of it?

Can I use HH lite cream on my acne ? Both of my checks are completely occupied by acne
Please advice to get rid of it. All are new acne and i have it on my shoulders too
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 25 minutes later

HH lite cream is a pigmentation reducer cream containing mometasone, tretinoin, hydroquinone. The cream is basically meant to be used in pigmentation disorders. It would be of no help in acne and may flare up acne too as it contains steroid.

To treat acne
1) Use face wash meant for acne prone skin like cetaphil oily skin cleanser.
2) Apply clindamycin gel and deriva gel over acne lesions daily.
3) If having black/whiteheads get them extracted regularly.
4) Avoid oil based / greasy cosmetics and face massages.

Also visit a dermatologist nearby to get your skin examined so that if required, an oral anti acne drug like azithromycin or isotretinoin can be started.

Hope that helps.