Chapped skin in the vagina. No pain and discharge. Medication?

Hi I have chapped and broken skin on my vagina what type of cream can I apply to help heal quicker
I have no discharge and no odour whatsoever
no XXXXXXX burning or pain at all
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

These symptoms can be due to dermatitis skin or eczema. Get it evaluated from a dermatologist for the confirmation of diagnosis.

Follow these methods for a quick relief from this dryness:

1)     Wear cotton clothes and underwear and avoid wearing any coarse or synthetic material. When doing exercise wear athletic tights or cycling shorts.

2)     Wear clean and dry clothes and use a mild detergent to wash them. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may aggravate the condition.

3)     You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash and topical antibiotic cream like Neosporin on the cuts.

4)     Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories after a prescription from your doctor are helpful in reduction of the redness and inflammation.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.