Changes in urethra. Should I be concerned?

I've noticed some changes to my urethra curious if it's anything to be concerned about.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: In the picture, I agree that the urethra looks a little more apparent than it normally would. This could be related to recent intercourse (with more blood engorgement of the surrounding tissue) or related to infection and inflammation. If you are free of ANY symptoms, then I would just observe this for now. If it still looked different in a week, then have it checked out by an OB/GYN. If you are having symptoms NOW, such as pain with urination, irritation or otherwise, then you should be seen and cultures of the urethra obtained. I hope that this helps!