Changed from dxedrine to dextroamphedamine. Having cataplectic attacks. Suggest the cure?

Is there any way that I could possibly get any help through Medicare for at least a 30 prescription of the DEXEDRINE 5MG spansules that I took for about 50 years and then generics became available and no one would pay any part of the DEXEDRINE prescription. This change from 1, 5mg DEXEDRINE spansule per 1 10mg DEXTROAMPHEDAMINE spansule per day: has increased the occurance of CATAPLECTIC events from 1 to 3 per year, to several per week, sometimes as many as 5 in a single day?
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer:
A hand written prescription is essential

Detailed Answer:

We are happy your chose this service but I sincerely apologize as our service do not provide hand written prescriptions.

Prescription drugs should always be advised only after a physical consultation and for drugs like Dexedrine a regular follow up is necessary.

I am sorry I couldn't help you. Please restrict yourself in asking only health related queries.

The frequency of Catapletic events increased is no doubt related to the change in the dosage. Do get the dosage revised by your treating doctor after a detailed examination to confirm the same.

Happy and delighted to help you.