Changed bowel habits. Nauseated, bloated, reduced appetite, itchy skin. Why is stomach gurgling after food?

Hi, my bowel habits have changed intermittendly in the 10 months. Feeling nauseated from time to time, bloated, reduced appetite, stomach can feel inflamed, like it has a XXXXXXX in it. In the past 6 weeks my bottom, has felt really itchy. I took combantrin but it hasn't subsided. Also I have passed some loose stools and that show some undigested pieces of nuts, capsicum etc and there is an oily film over the water after I have finished. Today I passed one of these. I feel bloated, itchy skin, not hungry, tender in the abdominal region. Today I have had two coffees, a brown bread sandwich with cheese, tomato and ham. After I ate that my stomach started gurgling a lot.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 41 minutes later

The details provided by you are suggestive of fat maldigestion and intestinal hurry.

This can be due to -

1) Pancreatic insufficiency- as in pancreatitis, usually painful.
2) Bile acid problems - as in biliary obstruction, deconjugation by excess acids or bacteria.
3) Fat malabsorption - as in extensive small intestinal diseases or bacterial over growth.

I would suggest you to consult your GP for a good examination and then probably stool routine examination, complete blood count, liver function test and an ultrasound abdomen, so that the exact cause can be found out.

Treatment will follow according to the cause.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.