Change in the complete physical checkup in 2 months

Recently applied for life insurance and the application form had a section to be filled out by my pcp as I just had a complete physical 2 mos ago and I recently had a physiscal exam 2 months ago. What are the guidelines in this case?
Posted Tue, 15 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 13 hours later

All insurance companies do want to know any prior existing medical conditions prior to approval of the applications. Some companies require physicals but other do not.

But if you say you have some medical conditions, they will ask you to get physician evaluation.

Premium may not change for some pre-existing diseases but it will change for other conditions like heart disease.

Call the customer care of insurance companies for further details.

DISCLAIMER : This advice is based upon history as provided by the patient as there is no Physician – Patient relationship established. The patient has not been examined per se. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes. Please see a local doctor before acting upon the advice.