Ask a Urologist   »  

Change in penis shape, decreased urine flow, loss of sensation, urge to urinate. Due to scar tissue?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
my penis has changed shape, in the middle when erect it looks as if there is a band on it compared to the rest, with a decrease in urine flow, loss of feeling with the penis and frequent trips to the bathroom, and not being able to get a full erection as well, I've been told it could be scare tissue from someone who had the same symtoms, between all the kidney stones and cathaters...I don't know, just looking for an answer
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Souvik Adhikari 4 hours later

From your description it seems that you are having a Chronic Inflammation of the Tunica Albuginea (CITA) also known as Peyronie's disease.

This is usually the result of trauma encountered in adult like as for example during sex which eventually leads to the formation of fibrous plaques within the penis resulting in a curvature of the same. Please note that some antihypertensive medications can also cause Peyronie's disease as a side-effect so you might want to check your medications.

I suggest that you XXXXXXX an urologist or a plastic surgeon trained in penile deformities to deal with your condition. An ultrasound of the penis would be able to show definitively the scar tissue on the tunica albuginea (inner layer of the penis) as well as plaques.

Management is controversial and incorporates the use of medical therapy initially and surgery later on if indicated. However, in your case, since your urine flow is impaired you would possibly require surgery to correct the same. Again, your surgeon would be the final judge regarding the final management.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

All the very best!