Chances of sudden rise in temperature after administering Taxim-O?

Is there any possibility that after giving taxim-o, the temperature suddenly rises? does it happen.
My son was having temp in the range of 100-101 and after giving taxim-o, it shooted upto 102.

also, please let me know whether I can give Meftal-p at 1 am , if I have given calpol 250 at 9.30pm and Taxim-o at 8pm.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The fever can increase due to the course of disease itself rather than Taxim-o although antibiotics can cause fever but rarely.
The Taxim-O should be taken under prescription of a clinician.
You can give the tablet Meftal-p at 1am but it is not more effective than the repeat dose of paracetamol.
If the fever continues to peak even after three doses of Taxim-O then patient must be reviewed by the doctor.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.