Chances of recurrence of ALL and meningioma?

Oncologist
Question
Dear Doctor, On behalf of my 24 years old sister, i would like to discuss with you on the below mentioned Medical History: Please refer in the Profile Medical Reports: Attached Present Symptoms/conditions: Almost NIL with infrequent isolated Headaches due to eye strain after studying or watching TV. Specific Question: (After referring the reports) (1) What are the chances of Recurrence of any other complications or cancer after suffering from ALL at the age of 9 Years and Meningioma at the age of 23 Years? (2) What is the Survival Rate / 10 Years / 15 Years / 20 Years? (3) Is it OK to go ahead with Marriage Proposals Now? (4) If after marriage, will their be any problem with conceiving due to use of heavy medicines in the past via chemotherapy, radiation and Meningioma surgery. (5) Any other expert opinion you think necessary to provide?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 5 days later
Brief Answer: Please refer below Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I have gone through the reports. Please find my answers below- 1) What are the chances of Recurrence of any other complications or cancer after suffering from ALL at the age of 9 Years and Meningioma at the age of 23 Years? A. Chances of recurrence of ALL is almost none, however, other late adverse effects, including secondary cancers (like acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndrome and other brain tumors) are possible. The total risk is about 3% in next 10 years. Chances of recurrence of meningioma is also there but low after a complete resection. In a single series of 1799 meningiomas from 1582 patients followed for an average of 13 years after resection, the nonrecurrence rate was 93% of WHO grade I tumors, 65% of WHO II, and 27.3% of WHO III. In her, though it is not mentioned, it appears to be grade I meningioma. (2) What is the Survival Rate / 10 Years / 15 Years / 20 Years? A. Survival rates are expected to be above 90% across the time points. (3) Is it OK to go ahead with Marriage Proposals Now? A. This you have to decide based upon the above facts. (4) If after marriage, will their be any problem with conceiving due to use of heavy medicines in the past via chemotherapy, radiation and Meningioma surgery. A. Quite possible to have ovarian insufficiency due to high dose chemo given earlier. This can be checked before marriage. (5) Any other expert opinion you think necessary to provide? A. I think that is all. If you have any further queries, then please post as followup query. Regards