Chances of pregnancy

Hi my name is XXXXXXX and could i pregnant?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Follow-up: Chances of pregnancy 6 minutes later
i need to know if could i pregnant and when r u going to answer me?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 32 minutes later
Hi Housa,

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

From your description I understand that you would like to know if you are pregnant. But you have not mentioned any other details.

To be able to give you a credible answer, I request you to kindly answer a few questions.

1. Why do you think you could be pregnant?
2. When was your last menstrual period?
3. Did you indulge in unprotected sexual intercourse after your last menstrual period?
4. Have you tested with a home pregnancy kit? If yes, what was the result?
5. Have you missed your period? If yes, when was your due date.

Please do write back to me with the answers to help you better.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Chances of pregnancy 29 hours later
I just want to know if could I pregnant. Because I'm try to have another baby again. but I didnt get it yet. So i have no idea why and right now it's hard for me to get pregnant now on. So that why I'm ask you cause you're the doctor.
Also, here my answer is, my last period on 11-9-2011
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 11 hours later
Hello again.

Thank you for writing back.

By your dates it appears that you have indeed missed your periods.

The commonest cause for missing periods in reproductive age group ladies is pregnancy. Hence, yes you could be pregnant.

You can confirm this by doing a simple urine pregnancy test with a home pregnancy test kit which is readily available with your nearest pharmacist.

Otherwise you may consider visiting your Gynecologist to confirm if you are pregnant.

It would have helped me tremendously if you had answered all my questions, but never mind. No matter what the cause is, you need to consult with your Gynecologist for missed periods. The exact cause can be found out only after a complete history, physical exam and a few investigations like ultrasound scan of the abdomen and estimation of serum or urine hcg levels.

Hope, this answers your query. Wishing you all the very best.

Follow-up: Chances of pregnancy 27 hours later
No i havent miss period yet, it's start over again.
I did take pregnant test but it was negative.
I use to unprotect sexual any time.
how could i pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 17 minutes later
Hello again XXXXXXX

Thank you again for writing back.

I apologize for mis-reading the dates, I read your last period date as 11th of September 0000. But you meant 9th of November 2011.

Thank you for answering all the questions, it does make things very clear.

If your last menstrual period was on 9th of November 2011, I do not think you could be pregnant yet. There are chances for conception if you have unprotected sexual intercourse from day 9 to day 17 of your menstrual cycle.

The fact that you can not be pregnant is confirmed by your pregnancy test which was negative.

Do not be disheartened, you can continue your normal healthy sexual life, in due course of time you will concieve.

Chances of conception are high if you have unprotected sexual intercourse from day 9 to day 17 of your menstrual cycle. The maximum chances are on days 13 to day 16 of the menstrual cycle. So you can time your sexual intercourse accordingly.

You can take the guidance of your local gynecologist, who can explain everything about conception in detail and measures you can take to increase your chances of getting pregnant.

Hope I have answered all your queries. You can write back to me if you still have any doubts.

If you do not have any further queries, please accept my answer by clicking on the accept button.

Wishing you all the very best.