Chances of pregnancy through the nightfall discharge?

Hello, I had nightfall some days ago and woke up before discharge. After I came out, my younger sister came in the room to collect her clothes from the laundry basket. Since the basket was closer to me, she asked me to pass it onto her. I gently pushed it using my left leg. In the process, I think some part of my toe gently touched some clothes. Now I am afraid that if there was some semen on my foot which I did not notice, then it could have gotten onto her clothes and that might cause a pregnancy scare. I know that this is a hypothetical scenario I am presenting, but I have been very tense since the past few days. I have read online that sperm require semen or any other fluid to swim towards the uterus and that even if there was contact of my foot with her undergarments, the fluid would have been absorbed by the fabric, but I still feel tense about this situation. Sorry for such a long question.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXX...,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You will surely not get a cut-paste kind job answer because it is difficult to find such a prepared answer!
The chances of pregnancy by this accident seems to be negligible.
I have discussed this issue with my husband who is a physician and a keen clinician having interest in ferlity issues.
In first place it is unbelievable, how seen will reach the leg area, in case it did, Then the fabric will act as a filter for the sperm and chances of pregnancy are remote.
If still troubling then you can ask about the health of the younger sister, just ask if everything is okay with her genital health like regular menses, no pain trouble etc.
You can ask this just as a matter of general care and it will clear your doubts as well.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Chances of pregnancy through the nightfall discharge? 31 hours later
Thank you Doctor for the advise. I remember that a drop of semen had fallen on my foot which I am sure I had wiped off. I was worried that some more might have missed my notice. Also the time interval between the drop landing on my foot and my passing the basket was around 15-20 minutes. I do not know exactly how long sperm can survive on the outside environment and hence was worried.
Also after passing the basket I immediately touched my foot again to check if there were indeed any semen stains, but I did not feel any moistness or wetness on the part of my foot which touched the basket. I was worried thinking that although the semen may have dried up, the sperm may survive on my foot and get transferred.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 13 hours later
Welcome back to XXXXXXX
The sperm dies before the semen gets dried. You noticed a dried semen that means there can't be alive seem and the risk is also not there. As such also the risk was only theoretical because sperm can't cross fabric, it gets filtered out.
I hope the advise will be further helpful for you.