Chances of pregnancy by pre-ejaculation fluid secretion?

This is the first time m posting anything in this forum, but i went through the site an found some of your answers really helpful. So please if anyone can give me a good answer i d be real glad.

m a 24 year old male, have been in love for 6 years now and we enjoy a very healthy love life, m saying love here and not sex because, we make love to each other whenever we get the chance but have saved the real part for after marriage , what i mean t say is i have never actually gone inside her, much less ejaculated inside her. The farthest we have gone is just letting the tip enter inside but thats never lasted for more than 30 seconds. It might seem crazy to some of you, but if you come from that part of India where i am from you probably know that pre marital pregnancy is looked down upon, Shocked

The problem here is this, we read a blog the other day which said that its not really necessary to ejaculate inside your partner for her to get pregnant. it goes on to say that a fluid is secreted much before the actual orgasm and that itself is enough to get anyone pregnant. The fear that we have now comes from the 30 seconds or so of time that the tip entered inside.

Our marriage is fixed and its set for anytime in the next 2 years or so, and i really dont want to have to tell my parents the news that shes pregnant right now.

can anyone please break down into percentage the chances of her being pregnant?? please please please...

Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 43 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query and welcome to the forum.

I must really appreciate your true love for your partner for such a long time.Both of you have shown good amount of patience.

Yes,what ever you have read is right.

Before the actual semen comes out,there is a secretion called precum which is released when men get excited.This at times do contain sperms.

A single sperm is capable of making your partner pregnant even without full penetrative act.Exact numbers are not possible to give,but the fact is that it is possible.

If you want to be 100% safe,you have use protection or stop doing this.

Apart from presence of sperm, factors like time of monthly cycle,quality of sperm,presence of egg etc,do play a role in chances of getting pregnant.

You have shown good maturity in your relationship,please play safe and avoid accidents.

In case, one fine morning you are in a situation you can ask your partner to take emergency contraceptive pills within 72 hours after advise from doctor.

I hope this answers your query,if you any more queries ,do write again.

Follow-up: Chances of pregnancy by pre-ejaculation fluid secretion? 50 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor for the quick response. could you please clear these doubts out as well for me.

will those pills be effective after 72 hours of the act? also i need my partner to take a pregnancy test. which do you recommend is the best kit available in the Indian market which provides the best results?

If the test is positive what is the best alternative to stop it from growing. I have read that if a pregnancy is stopped within 30-40 days it is not considered as homicide. Are there any medicines, pills that can be taken to stop it from advancing to the next level. I fell like the devil having to ask you this question, but i really am clueless about any of this. Please help me out.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Please do not get confused.

Situation 1: Emergency contraception: After unprotected act, tablets to be taken within 72 hours, they are not effective beyond that period.

Situation 2: If your partner has already missed period, go for urine pregnancy test in pathology lab for better accuracy. You can test at home with any kit available with near by chemist.

If the test is positive then you have 2 options.

1. To take abortion pills-effective for pregnancy less than 45 days.
2. To go for abortion by surgical method.

For both the options you have to visit a Gynecologist and do this under observation only.

I hope this clarifies the matter. Wish you good health.