Chances of pregnancy after having sex 3 days after period

Mar 2016

Me and my partner tried having sex for the first time and it was without condom,I tried to penetrate but could not,I ejaculated near vagina and now we are worried as her periods are delayed. We tried to have sex on 4 January 2014 and her previous period got over on 1 January 2014 and her expected date for period was 25-27 January but she is not getting her periods. Please suggest
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: CHANCE OF PREGNANCY IS QUITE RARE. FOLLOW ADVICES. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Unprotected sex 3 days after period over is EXTREMELY SAFE. According to her expected period date, she ovulated around 11th to 13th January and her fertile period was from 8th to 16th January. In this case, her chance of pregnancy is QUITE LOW or RARE. However, I suggest to undergo one home pregnancy test to clear doubt about pregnancy. In the absence of pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD), mental stress, emotional upset, irregular diet habit, high prolactin level, over weight, pelvic infection, thyroid disturbance etc can cause late period. Here, I suggest to wait few more days after doing the PREGNANCY TEST. If she doesn't get her period within 7 days, then some investigations are required. One pelvic ultrasound scan (USG) and hormonal profile will be worthwhile to rule out the underlying cause and confirm the diagnosis. In that case, she must consult with her local GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance and prescription. In addition, she would take healthy diet with more green vegetables, drink more water, keep bowel habit regular, avoid mental stress and depression by regular meditation or yoga, control body weight by physical exercise, take sound sleep and maintain genital hygiene properly. These will definitely help to get period early. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW