Chances of pregnancy after ejaculating outside?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hello I am worried last night me and my girlfriend did some stuff then I ejaculated and got it on my hand, after wards we cuddled making sure I didn't touch her anywhere but we ended up holding hands (My hands were dry at this point) and she felt like she needed to adjust her underwear so she did and I was going to help and I touched her underwear for a second by her but(This was about 15min after me ejaculating), Me and her have both talked about pregnancy and we both agree that we don't want kids anytime soon. I am very paranoid when it comes to things like this even though she let me know that she has been on birth control for about 2months now I still did not want to have full intercourse. But my questions are could she be pregnant from that second she adjusted her underwear? Is that even possible if my hands were dry by this point? and how long can sperm live outside the body?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 26 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
First there is no any possibility of pregnancy, not even theorical. This is simply impossible and there are no reported cases of such pregnancies.EVen if you placed huge amount of sperm on her genital area this wouldnt be possible.
For ability of sperm to fertilize egg it must be ejaculated into the cervix of uterus. AFter that sperms can swim into uterus. Sperms cant "swimm" from the outside into vagina and further because it needs cervical mucus and other enviromental charasteristic for it. By the way spermes live 2-3 days,but only in vagina and uterus.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Follow-up: Chances of pregnancy after ejaculating outside? 21 minutes later
Thank you for answering your response was very helpful.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 8 minutes later
YOu are welcome. Just dont worry. Wish you good health.