Chances of my hcg levels being 460 after 11 days of intercourse?

What are the chances of my hcg levels being 460 just 11 days after intercourse?
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 56 minutes later

Thanks for the query. In non pregnant females the hCG levels are less than <5 mIU/mL.

And in pregnant women, hCG levels vary in different weeks after last menstrual period (LMP). It would range approximately 10 to 50 mIU/mL until 21 days after
LMP. Can go up to 430 mIU/mL by 28 days after LMP and increases further after each week. So, the levels mainly depend on the date of last menstrual period.

Abnormally, high levels are seen in certain conditions like ectopic pregnancy, choriocarcinoma, germ cell tumors, twin pregnancy etc.

Dr Vasanth
Follow-up: Chances of my hcg levels being 460 after 11 days of intercourse? 9 hours later
I never had a LMP so I can only go by when I had sexual intercourse.
Is hcg of 460 high for 11 days after fertilization/ovulation?
Answered by Dr. Guru 8 hours later

Thank you for the update and clarification.

HCG levels of 460 mIU/mL, 11 days after ovulation suggests probable pregnancy. Mostly, the levels may go up to 430 mIU/mL in the second week after ovulation. They are not too high to suspect any other possibilities as I mentioned above.

For confirmation of pregnancy, ultrasound will be needed.

Dr Vasanth