Chances of infection after kidney transplant. Suggest?

If we see the current condition then i think there may be a chances of infection after the transplant as he has critical body what do u say ?
If my father(age around 58) donate a kidney to my cousin brother then in that case can my father have some problem ?-Dr. Sree XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Yes, there are chances of infection

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Nephrology, working with an experienced Nephrologist. I answer on his behalf.

Yes, there is always risk of infection or transplant rejection of the transplanted kidney in susceptible individuals.

No, if your father donates his kidney he would not have any health complications provided his health before donation is good and he do not have any infection post donation.

Hope, I answered your query.