Chances of having prostate cancer from over masturbation?

Sir/Madam, I am a 19 year old adult. I have been masturbating almost everyday for the past 8-9 years.. Presently for the past 2-3 months .. I have reduced my frequency of masturbation to 20 - 24 times per month.. I have got to know that people around the age of 20 with high masturbating frequency have a greater risk of developing prostate cancer.. Please let me know , what should be the normal masturbation frequency , to avoid such problems and lead a healthy life.

With regards, XXXXXXX .
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not related

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Sexual activity has been implicated as a risk factor for prostate cancer. Thus some studies have been conducted on this or similar topics. The results have been controversial. In one recent study they have found a correlation between prostate cancer and daily sexual activity at young age and in old age daily sexual activity was protective. In most of the other studies it has been repeatedly found to be not related to prostate cancer.

Mostly masturbating once a day is a norm and there is no need to reduce the frequency.

In my opinion, if stress due to any reason is not present than the risk of developing any condition including cancer will be low. Suppose if you are masturbating but also you having a guilty feeling about it, then risks in general may be somewhat increased.

Cancers usually are multifactorial. Some factors are very significant while others are not. Worrying unnecessarily is a better known risk factor.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Chances of having prostate cancer from over masturbation? 13 minutes later
Thnx a lot Ma'am.. I just wanted one more thing to know that if I need to reduce the frequency.. I usually find it to be a stress-buster rather than causing stress.. I have never felt guilty about it because I know it's a normal process.. But still I want to be on the safer side and want to avoid over-masturbating..
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You don't need to reduce

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

After reading your opinion about it, I feel that you should not reduce the frequency.
Over-masturbation is to do it several times during the day or to indulge in unsafe practices. You are not over-masturbating. As I stated earlier, once a day is the norm and most males do it at this frequency.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Chances of having prostate cancer from over masturbation? 2 minutes later
Thnx a lot Ma'am..
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for consulting

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting me

Dr Vaishalee