Chances of having STD from mutual masturbation?

Hello, I recently had an incident with another male at a club. We rubbed our penises together for a minute and then there was mutual masturbation. There was no bodily fluid exchange. I need to know what STDs I may be at risk for and which ones I should be tested for.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please find detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

The activities you describe. mutual masturbation and frottage (body rubbing) without penetration do not carry any meaningful risk for HIV and are considered safe sex, even when persons engage in these activities get each others' genital secretions on each other and even if your partner happens to have HIV. HIV does not pass through normal non-mucosal skin. HIV is transmitted among adults only through penetrative genital or ano-genital sexual activity.

As for other STDs, again the risk is small an does not warrant testing unless you develop symptoms. You may watch for any skin changes in your genital area or itching and warts. This may need you to be tested for genital herpes, genital warts or syphilis as these infections are highly transmissible by skin contact.

I hope this helps,
Any further queries are welcome.
Dr. A Rao Kavoor