Chances of getting infected with HIV from fingering?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Sir,
I visited a sex worker last night. Although I did not have intercourse, I fingered her vagina. Her vagina was very wet, and the skin around my finger nails were peeled off (hangnails), because of which there is a small wound.

I am really worried if I could be infected with HIV because of that wound on my finger (about the size of a few needle pricks).

I fingered her vagina for good 30 minutes.

Sir, please help.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Blood recipient,Anal intercourse recipient, anal insertion, vaginal sex recipient and penetration, needle sharing, needle stick injury are the high risk activities
for HIV in this order. Oral sex caries very low risk. Others including fingering also caries only negligible chances.

But as you had fingering for 30 minutes and as you have a wound over your finger, it is better to have tested for HIV after 3-4 weeks of this incident either with HIV DNA PCR, or with P24 antigen test or with Combo/DUO test to confirm that you had not been infected.
Good luck to you.
Dr S>Murugan