Chances of getting character from a surrogate mother?

Hi my sister in law asked her sister (my wife to be a sibling egg donor. The two sisters could not look more different if you put the queen and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX junior side by side. My sister in law is telling everyone that once the egg is implanted in her it will take on her features. I have spoken to our GP who as said what rubbish and that the features are determined by the egg and DNA sequence. Could you confirm this information for me .
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Genetics
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 21 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The truth is the off-spring takes almost all the features from the ova and sperm fused DNA.
Your sister in law is getting it implanted for support and cover it metabolic needs but the off spring would by no means take her features.
Why do you want to ask such a question and why is your sister in law so keen about resemblance of the child, these issues can lead to medico-legal issues later-on.
Please talk among yourself before embarking on such a procedure.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!