Chances of getting any vaginal or reproductive damage from the leaded water that went inside?

this is an embarrasing question...i'm too embarrased to ask my doctor.
i live in an older building with lead-based pipes so have concerns about the water quality.
for the past few months, my bf has been fingering me in the shower while he has this water on his hands.
am i going to get some kind of vaginal/reproductive damage from the leaded water that went inside me?
i also take baths in the tub each night.

thank you.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question today.

It is extremely unlikely that the exposure that you are describing has or will cause any injury or ill health to you. Even if there is lead in your water, the exposure from the boyfriend will not cause reproductive tract damage. That being said, living in an older building you should be concerned about lead exposure which is more likely to come from peeling paint and pain dust.

I think that you should contact your landlord and ask if they have ever had the pipes or building inspected. Ask to see those reports. Find out what the building codes are in your area and if they have not kept the buildings up to code, then ask for the testing of the water and inspection of the apartments to determine if you are being exposed. You do have rights as a tenant.

I hope this adequately answers your question. If you have followup questions, please ask. Please take a moment to leave feedback!
Follow-up: Chances of getting any vaginal or reproductive damage from the leaded water that went inside? 2 days later

I have some concerns about the safety of my building for sure. I'm also worried because the previous tenant left their soap dispenser in the bathroom (very old) and as I was refilling it this morning, I noticed black mould growing on the inside of the neck.

My bf used this soap dispenser to wash his hands before he fingered me - is this going to cause XXXXXXX damage to my reproductive system?

Looking for a new place to live that isn't so old...

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 17 hours later
No this will not cause a problem with you reproductive tract. You definitely need a new place to live at some point. Good luck. Please take a moment to leave feedback.