Chances of contraction of HIV from a single exposure through unprotected anal sex

Can I get hiv from a single exposure from a pretty active bi-guy through unprotected anal sex?
Don't know if he is positive.
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 53 minutes later

The chances of getting HIV through sexual exposure is 1% .Also when you do not know the status of the person then the chances reduce by another half.

Well, it always a single exposure which is needed to cause the infection.But many other factors like presence of STDs, presence of bleed, and essentially the status and the severity of the HIV in the partner.

In your case I see no indicator other unprotected sex to consider a chance of HIV infection .Based on these facts I would consider the risk of HIV in you is very negligible .Do not worry.

Just let go the thought from you.

Wish you good health,