Chances of contacting HIV after touching vaginal fluid around penis?

Dermatologist
Question
Sorry for cutting in again.... and i promise this be the last time asking this.... cos I have been having nightmares and I just found out that the white liquid around my base wasn't a leak but was from the lady so I want to ask u 4 quick questions and please need a brief answer since you are my favorite specialist .......

1. what if removing the condom and then my hand touches her fluid from the condom and it accidentally touches my penis

2. what if the tissue i used in whipping my penis came in contact with her white fluid around the base of my penis and i still use it to whip my penis ?

3. it took my 5mins after whipping my dick before going to shower ......

4. I had my shorts on after sex and what if her white fluid stains my boxers and after shower i still put it back on.

Sorry for bothering a brief answer will make me not ask anything again I am so sorry for cutting in again ....... and having a test in one month time is it a good thing ?
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX,
I can understand the anxiety you are going through.
Of all the possibility mentioned by you 1 to 4 ,none has the potential to transmit HIV.
Even if the blood of HIV positive patient falls on normal persons skin and stays for less than 20 minutes then also there is no risk of HIV transmission.HIV virus is by nature incapable of surviving outside human body for more then 10 minutes.The temperature and UV rays make it inactive within minutes.
Even after having unprotected sex without condom the risk of transmission is less than 1 %.
In presence of other ulcerative STDs the risk increases by 100 times.
As your act was protected one ,there was no mucosa to mucosa or skin to mucosa contact .
Even if her white vaginal fluid came in contact with your skin of scrotum or wet tissue came in contact of your skin there is no real exposure or risk of HIV transmission.IF at all you had ejaculated into her or she/you had active genital ulcers over penis then there was a risk of transmission.
You cam take a test at 1month .Iam sure it will be negative.You can confirm the results by retesting at 3months interval.
Hope this calms your nerves.
Dr Sudarshan.

Follow-up: Chances of contacting HIV after touching vaginal fluid around penis? 1 hour later
I had a test today and I will have another in 3 months but the results of tomorrow will calm me down ... and thanks so much for responding i will talk to u tomorrow

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 21 hours later
Hi again,
As discussed previously as there was no real exposure there is nothing to be worried about.Also as you had condom on all the while you cannot have transmission even if she had some STD.
Let me know about test results.
Regards.

Follow-up: Chances of contacting HIV after touching vaginal fluid around penis? 2 hours later
Negative ( 2weeks) from the incident..... so?
ok my knee caps aching but slightly same as my elbow joint ? any info ?

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 17 hours later
Hi again,
Joint pain can be due to multiple causes.
Take analgesic antiinflammatory drugs like ibuprofen twice daily.
Do you have any other symptoms like fever/oral ulcers/skin rashes etc ?
Waiting for your feedback.

no i dont have any and when u say fever do u mean high temperature ?

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Its ok then.
As you dont have any fever and other symptoms the knee pain is only unrelated symptom.
Oral analgesic like ibuprofen for few days will suffice.
Regards.

Follow-up: Chances of contacting HIV after touching vaginal fluid around penis? 2 minutes later
why do u keep asking me if i have fever most of the time ? and what other unrelated systems are u talking about ? and it is very cold here is it possible fever cud not be caught?

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 22 hours later
Fever indicates infection which can explain joint pain also.
Body temperature does not depend on external temperature.
Cold temperature cannot hide your fever.As temperature is normal there is nothing to be worried about.
Other symptoms like malaise ,nausea,throat pain or abdominal pain are usually present in seroconversion illness of HIV.As none of this are present in your case,there is nothing to be worried about.
Hope this helps.
Regards.

Follow-up: Chances of contacting HIV after touching vaginal fluid around penis? 11 hours later
i have a bit of abdominal pain...esp it happens when i lay down on my front on bed .... and i did a pcr test today on the 18th day and results will be out in 10 days making it 28 days how can i reply of this test when negative ?
i mean how can i rely on this test? and thank u

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 19 hours later
Hi again,
The abdominal pain can be unrelated separate problem.PCR is a gold standard test for HIV.
It can detect HIV even in earliest stage and it is very much dependable.
Negative results will rule out HIV in more than 99 % surety.
Hope this clears the matter.
Regards .

Follow-up: Chances of contacting HIV after touching vaginal fluid around penis? 5 minutes later
Ok thanks so much and I will get bk to you with results in calculated days

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Keep me posted when the test results are available. I wish you good health and great future.

and you too thanks

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 12 hours later
You are welcome