Chances of becoming pregnant after being fingered? Possibly had semen on finger?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hi, I'm worried as a guy fingered me briefly last night, he put a finger inside me and I'm just afraid it might have had sperm becuase his penis was erect but he hadn't ejaculated. What are the chances of me becoming pregnant?
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 38 minutes later
hi,

according to your description the chances of getting pregnancy are low, the risk of pregnancy will be more if,
-you were around the period of ovulation,
-the pre-ejaculate fluid contained spermatozoa,
so better to go for emergency pill as safe side, and if you miss the expected date of period better to go for pregnancy test,
one thing you have to remember here is the emergency pill can alter your menstrual cycle,
for more details:http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/08/emergency-contraceptive-pill-short-term.html
better to use some regular contraceptive method to avoid these problems in the future.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Chances of becoming pregnant after being fingered? Possibly had semen on finger? 16 minutes later
Because I am taking dianette and tetralysal I have withdrawal bleeds, so can i still consider this my period and that i wouldn't be pregnant. I had just finished my period a few days ago so is this time of ovulation?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 hours later
hi,

as you are taking dinette which acts also as combined oral contraceptive pill(if you are taking without break),
and also the chance for ovulation is less at the time of your intercourse,as you just finished the period before that,
by taking all together the chance of pregnancy is very less in your case, so don't worry.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.