Chances of HIV while penis was not erect?

I went to the Gym last sunday. When i came out from my shower at the Gym, there was another man naked who was going to have his shower. Because the gap to walk was not enough for two people, i had to turn a little bit so that i could get through. I am concerned if my penis did touch his bum or his rectum. I do not remember much of the situation because it was so quick. My concern is to do with HIV.
I am straight and married. I am worried.
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 22 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I hope your penis was not erect and was covered with prepuce during the incidence.

Chances of transmission of HIV just by touch of healthy skin are very very poor.

Still, if you have some doubt, get your HIV examined after 3 months and meanwhile use condom with your wife.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,
Follow-up: Chances of HIV while penis was not erect? 28 minutes later
I do not understand your response. What do you mean if my penis was erect and cover by prepuce?
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 29 minutes later

Welcome again,

I have not written "if penis was erect", but I have written "I hope your penis was not erect during the incidence"

In resting position penis is small and loose and remains covered with skin called prepuce.

After excitement it erects, becomes larger and hard, thus may come out of its skin covering (prepuce).

Thus while crossing each other if your penis was in resting position, it was covered with skin and it was a skin to skin touch only.

HIV in normally not get transmitted through skin to skin contact.

Hope it is now clear to you.

With good wishes,