Chain smoker. Worried about lung cancer, quit smoking. What can clean the toxins from lungs?

i am a chain smoker and have been benn for for 38years and i never smoked a whole pack (only half) and i will be 52 in july and i have made my final choice to quit before i get lung cancer i guess im lucky i never got emphesema but even though i will be a formor smoker will i be at risk of lung cancer and people say i am still young enough for my lungs to heal and what could i take to clean the toxins from my lungs; thanks' XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Lung Cancer
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Within 12 hours after you have your last cigarette, your body will begin to heal itself. The levels of carbon monoxide and nicotine in your system will decline rapidly, and your heart and lungs will begin to repair the damage caused by cigarette smoke.
As your body begins to repair itself, instead of feeling better right away, you may feel worse for a while. It's important to understand that healing is a process,it begins immediately, but it continues over time. These "withdrawal pangs" are really symptoms of the recovery process.

Immediately after quitting, many ex-smokers experience "symptoms of recovery" such as temporary weight gain caused by fluid retention, irregularity, and dry, sore gums or tongue. You may feel edgy, hungry, more tired, and more short-tempered than usual and have trouble sleeping and notice that you are coughing a lot. These symptoms are the result of your body clearing itself of nicotine, a powerful addictive chemical. Most nicotine is gone from the body in 2-3 days.

Within 20 minutes of smoking that last cigarette, the body begins a series of changes that continues for years.

In 20 minutes changes seen are
Blood pressure drops to normal.
Pulse rate drops to normal.
Chance of heart attack decreases.

Lung function increases up to 30%.

Excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker.

Lung cancer death rate for average smoker decreases by almost half.
Stroke risk is reduced to that of a nonsmoker 5-15 years after quitting.
Risk of cancer of the mouth, throat and esophagus is half that of a smoker's.

Lung cancer death rate similar to that of nonsmokers.
Precancerous cells are replaced.
Risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas decreases.
Risk of coronary heart disease is that of a nonsmoker.

Start doing regular exercises and this will help in removal of toxins fast as well as improving your general health.
The photograph sent by you is really very good.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me foe any further query.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Chain smoker. Worried about lung cancer, quit smoking. What can clean the toxins from lungs? 22 hours later
thank you so much it was very helpful and god bless*
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
You are most welcome to ask for any query.