Central serus retinopathy, stress related, on diamox, antidepressants

last november i was diagnosed with stress related problem with right eye known as central serus retinopathy i am still suffering...up until this i had perfect 20/20 vision...i read the drug diamox could cure it but it might clash with my antidepressants my medication for depression was due to my marriage break up and work related problems..i was always negative and am now mentally balanced due to pills making my moods normal level as the there another alternative cure to retrieve my vision as 9 months on i am still suffering...its like being drunk visually..please help..thankyou..
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

You are already on anti hypertensive and anti depressant drugs.

Central retinopathy is a condition where there is a collection of fluid beneath the center of the retina. The main symptoms of central serous retinopathy are blurry vision in the affected eye, as well as distorted vision and/or seeing things smaller than they really are. There is currently no proven effective treatment for serous retinopathy, but one promising treatment is the use of laser photocoagulation.

Using direct photocoagulation on the leakage point helps lower the possibility of recurring infection as well as shorten the painful stages of the disease.

When left alone, central serous retinopathy heals by itself, recovery occurs, within 4 weeks to 8 weeks, with a complete improvement of the depressed vision.
A visit to the ophthalmologist is advocated, to understand the extent of damage, medications to be taken, and to practice eye exercises. However, there is a strong chance of there being a relapse or recurrence of the disorder.

Transpupillary thermotherapy has been suggested as a lower-risk alternative to laser photocoagulation.

You may discuss about these options with an ophthalmologist.

In the mean time,
1. Avoid any kind of stress.
2. Take vitamin A,E , And anti oxidant supplements.
3. Take one anti H pylori kit of antibiotics (prescription drugs) after consulting doctor..

Hope Ive answered your question. I will be available for followup if you have any more concerns.