Central obesity with heavy body on belly, hips and chest. How to deal with it? Current diet okay?

Dear Dpctor,
I am 40 years of age, male, with a height of 163cms and weigh 82-83kgs. I have a heavy body on my belly, hips and chest area. Its totally a central obesity. I tried gymming for 2 years, but it didnt help. There was a 5-7 kg loss temporarily but i gained back. I am choosy in my eating habit but still it frustrates that the weight is not reducing. My current diet . 6am: 1 cup of tea with sugar in the morning, 8.15am: one bowl of mung dal khichdi (moong dal + broken wheat instead of rice). 10.30am : 1 tea 12.30pm: 2 chapattis with a sabji and butter milk, 3.30pm : 1 tea 5pm: 1 brown bread sandwich or a fruit plate 8pm: 1 bowl of khichdi with butter milk / 1 cup curd.
Request your help to cut the flab. My waist is at 43inches. 1 year back my fat % was 33. Once a week, i indulge in any XXXXXXX fried items like a samosa, a cup of icecream.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Radhika 13 minutes later

Your weight is 82 kg and height is 163 cms, the ideal weight for your height should be around 60 to 68 kg.

You are currently on diet and still not able to lose weight. Dieting alone will not help you lose weight.

If you are doing any kind of job which requires you to sit for long hours you will require to do exercise. This is because you might be eating right but you will tend to put on weight especially due to this. In Gyms, they will teach you certain exercises which will help you reduce your central fat.

Do not sit for long hours at the desk, keep walking around and use the stairs.

If not daily at least in the weekend make it a point to exercise, jog or cycle. Do suryanamaskara atleast 25 times daily. Reduce your XXXXXXX fry intake to once in 15 days. Include more of yoghurt in your diet, avoid oil and white rice completely.

Do consult your physician to rule out other medical problems for obesity like hypothyoidism or other hormonal issues.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.