Causes of leg cramps and weakness
User rating for this question
Hello! I am a 32-year-old woman, 5'6" tall, 210 pounds. My blood pressure is generally in the arena of 110/70. My resting heart rate is anywhere from 75 to 95 these days. I'm extremely stressed, and I'm PMSing- i'm actually three or four days late at this point. For the last couple of days, I have been experiencing some leg weakness. I don't really know what to attributed to, I'm eating regularly and not any less active than usual. My husband thinks it could be a nerve issue from the way that I am sitting or sleeping. One of the doctors on here said that it could be part of my PMS. If it could be something more serious, could you please tell me what to look for as far symptoms go? Any thoughts or advice would be welcome. Thanks!
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vijay Varma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need not worry Detailed Answer: Hello madam , From the history you have given it looks that the symptoms are due to PMS . It is known fact that leg cramps and mild weakness are a part of PMS. If the symptoms still persist then I would suggest you to get serum electrolytes to rule out low potassium which can sometimes cause symptoms of weakness. Also get a Serum TSH ie thyroid function test to rule out any abnormality. Otherwise I feel you only have benign condition which would resolve within sometime. Hope I was helpful.
People also viewed
- Lower leg cramps causes
- Till what age can a persons height grow
- Diseases that cause leg cramps
- Why does my father-in-law have breathing problem
- Having situs inversus will it affect my fertility
- My childs complains under her left rib cage hurts?
- Calamine lotion for sweaty palms and feet
- Posterocentral disc protrusion c5 c6
- Svt and caesarian section
- Leg cramps causes
- Causes of leg cramps and weakness
- Leg cramps causes and cures
- Focal central c4 5 intervertebral disc protrusion
- What are the chances that herpes test was wrong
- Connection between jaw pain and constant anxiety attacks