Causes for stomach infection after a flu
User rating for this question
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Probably irritable bowel syndrome Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for posting your query, I am pleased to be able to assist you. It is clear that you are having a stomach upset which could be as a result of one of a multiple of factors that can lead to such symptoms. These factors range from infection, autoimmune diseases, allergy, food poisoning, irritable bowel syndrome etc. With most patients that I manage who come with such symptoms, the first thing I do is to rule out the most common microbes that maybe responsible (and in most of the cases, I will find one cause responsible). The most common microbes could be bacteria, virus, fungi, parasite, protozoa/amoeba, salmonella etc. If these are not found during a stool analysis, this probably means that another cause is responsible. Most of the times, microbes are responsible for enterocolitis such as you are presenting. If I have ruled out infection, I will then rule each possible cause one after another until I identify the cause. I know I am only speaking broadly, but that is simply because your symptoms are actually unspecific to any particular diseases. What you should do now is seek for effective medical attention and if possible with a gastroenterologist. Antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin, metronidazole, norfloxacin etc are usually very effective against most intestinal pathogenic microbes. Irritable bowel syndrome should be allowed for exclusion purposes only i.e if all other factors are excluded. It is a diseases with no known actual cause and can become great trouble throughout the rest of your existence. Some medications are known to work effectively together with a proper diet plan. Hope this helps and please feel free to contact me. Dr. Nsah
People also viewed
- What causes male lactation
- Stomach infection causes
- What causes purple knees
- Gum infection cause stomach infection
- Stomach infection after antibiotics
- Recurrent stomach infection causes
- Intramuscular myxoma causes
- Is red or black, tarry stools a side effect of lovaza?
- Can si joint cause sciatica
- Causes for stomach infection after a flu
- Is diarrhea a side effect of reese's pinworm medicine?
- Pancreatic lesion causes
- Is red or black, tarry stools a side effect of suprax?
- Is continuing diarrhea a side effect of metronidazole?
- Is stomach cramps a side effect of sodium bicarbonate?