Causes for spontaneous lumps in eyebrows

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I had a spontaneous lump appear in my eybrow about the size of a grape appear within minutes and then disappear mostly by morning. except now my entire eyelid appears very bruised. What could have caused it?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please upload the photos of lump in eyebrow... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Before running into conclusions, I'd kindly ask to have the photo of your eyebrow. Such quickly appearing lumps and then, disappearing very quickly too, might be related to: - local infection of the hair in the eyebrow - if the lump did appear immediately after hair removal, could be related to possible reaction to it (depending on the method you use to remove hair) I suggest to apply cold compresses. If any discharge will come out, please clean the area well with warm water and soap and apply betaine after that. Looking forward to kindly have the requested photos of the lump in your eyebrow! Thank you! Dr.Bardha