Causes for pain and numbness in the fourth toe

I have a fourth toe on my right foot, when I wear certain shoes this toe goes numb from the ball of the foot out to the end of the toe ... then later it feels like it's on fire .... even for a while after I take the shoe off this hurts. the pain is concentrated where the toe meets the ball of the foot -- I don't know what's going on inside, but my regulare doc said I don't have a neuroma ....
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This sounds like a neuroma to me!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about these pain symptoms you are feeling on your fourth toe. The description of these symptoms seem so typical for the diagnosis of Morton neuroma. If your regular doctor thinks that this is not the case, I will suggest that he brings up and alternate diagnosis that justifies these symptoms and what the treatment plan is. Have you had any preliminary investigations like an x-ray, ultrasound, MRI to make sure there is no other possible cause to this like a stress fracture, and also find out if it is for sure a neutroma or not? I will like you to take a look at this summarized version and see whether it correlates with your symptoms or not. Let me hear from you after consulting the page to address any more concerns from here. WWW.WWWW.WW I hope you find this helpful. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to for more information or clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Causes for pain and numbness in the fourth toe 31 minutes later
Thank you, and I will follow up with my doc, possible to get a referral to a podiatrist --> then an MRI (which is pricey, but I have insurance x2) Thanks again, so much! XXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Keep me updated! Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. Sounds like you didn't find any information that needed clarification from me. If this is the case, that's fine. However, if you have any concerns, please feel free to ask me. It is a nice idea to follow up with your doctor. Let's be positive and hope we would get lasting solutions to this. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.