Causes for late seroconversion in case of HIV?

I want to know the causes for late seroconversion in case of HIV. I had risky sexual exposure on March 03rd 2013. Since then, I haven't had any exposure to sex. I have undergone series of HIV tests and below are the details.

26days - HIV 1 DNA PCR Qualitative Analysis (Not Detected) - sample tested on 29th day
26days - ECLIA HIV 1 & 2 antibodies (Non Reactive 0.03)
91 days - HIV TRIDOT - Non Reactive
115 days - ECLIA HIV 1 & 2 antibodies (Non Reactive 0.03)

Other STDs were also tested for - VDRL, HbsAg, HCV, HSV 1 & 2, Urine examination - All are negative and normal.

As it is more than 3months and the latest test is negative, I am feeling ok but late seroconversion is bothering me. I want to know the chances of late seroconversion in my case.

Coming to my health status and medications:

- I am man with normal health status
- I don't drink, smoke, or take any drugs. I have undergone a minor nose surgery 7 years back.
- I did not observe any major health upsets other than common cold and weakness due to excessive thinking and worry.
- I observed Molluscum Contagiosum in April 2013 and I am taking medication. It included chemical treatment on lesions, Multivitamin tablets, Vitilex - helps in improving skin immunity. I took sporidex 3 times for getting the treated lesions patched up quickly. They were slow at healing and doctor suggested me. Some antibiotics earlier to this medication. Now, lesions were gone, chemical treatment is stopped. I am continuing Vitilex and multi vitamins.

My concern is like, does these medications impact seroconversion in any way? I am aware that if DNA PCR is negative after 3-4 weeks, I am fine. But, just out of my curiosity, many questions are coming to my mind. Please help.

Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later

DNA PCR once negative indicate that there is no viral infection in the body then there is n question of seroconversion.

No, the medications you are on will not have any affect n seroconversion.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.