Causes and treatment for herniated disk and pinched nerve with remothoid arthritis and high BP

i have beeb having extreme pain in my right shoulder and behind my right shoulder blade, down my right arm down through my 2 fore fingers. I hd a mri which showed a herniated disk and pinched nerve. 3 days ago I had an epidural which reduced the pain slightly. I also been having pins and needles in my right thigh that occurs when lying down and just now experienced extreme pain but it stop after I changed positions and got up. I also have remothoid arthritis and just recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure. Other recent symptoms excess yawning, sometime hiccups plus I am overweight. I have been taking remicade for my RH (arthritis) for ten years. Over the last couple of months have drinked alcohol excessively-about 3-4 glasses of wine daily but have stopped after reading damaged this can do.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See neurosurgeon. rheumatologist for reevalaution Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I do not really think the aggravation of the symptoms could be linked to to the wine you consumed lately. It is however recommended to regulate as much as possible the amount of wine you do consume. From clinical symptoms, it is evident that there is some degree of nerve compression. Urgent and appropriate treatment is very much recommended. The opinion of the neurosurgeon could be required at this point in time. Treatment could range from medications to surgical interventions. Based on the extent of the condition, treatment could include Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (Diclofenac, Ibuprofem), Steroids (Prednisolone), simple analgesics (Acetaminophen), Vitamin B complex supplementation for nerve regeneration and maintenance of integrity, Anti epileptic drugs in case of intense neurological pain (like Tergretol). In severe cases, injections into the joint could be made (Steroids like Triamcinolone and Calcitonine). A careful clinical review, institution of an appropriate therapy and regular follow up is needed. Special physiotherapy sessions do aid at times, depending on the case. I suggest you consult a neurosurgeon , who might seek advice also from a rheumatologist. My suggestions could maybe at some point be important to him. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. It is appropriate to get evaluated once again as soon as possible. Please, feel free asking follow up questions in case you do need any specifications. I would be humbled making any contributions.Thanks and kind regards Dr Bain