Cause of tingling and numbness in toes after spraining ankle?

Apr 2014

Hello! I have had a pretty bad sprain in my left ankle two days ago. I have been sitting without my legs up all day and have just noticed a very slight tingling/numbness in two of the toes on that foot. Anything to worry about?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Tingling/numbness is due to ankle sprain. Detailed Answer: Hello Aeallbritton Thanks for writing to HCM Tingling/numbness sensation is due to ankle sprain. You should be properly evaluated for sprain.I presume that you are taking proper treatment for sprain. You should use bandage during day time and take it off at can also apply ice (in a towel) few times per day and elevate your foot. These measures will help decrease the swelling and tingling sensation in your ankle. MRI ankle joint can be done if needed. . Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX