Cause of itchy red dots on toes and treatment for yeast infection?

Excellent

Question
hi I have red dots on both feet on just my toes and a really itchy um I also have a yeast infection over the counter medicine hasn't worked on can be caused from the infection
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be eczema Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Red dots with itch over the toes are usually seen in eczema. But it can be due to bacterial or yeast infection also. I need to see the picture of the lesion to help you out further. Kindly upload the pictures and if you have any problem uploading then you can mail them to YYYY@YYYY with my name in the subject (Sub : Attn Dr. Gaurav Katiyar ) You also have yeast infection which I assume is confirmed. For that I advise to take single dose of fluconazole orally and ointment containing clotrimazole or nystatin can be applied locally. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions with picture of lesion I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Cause of itchy red dots on toes and treatment for yeast infection? 53 minutes later
ok what is fluconazole?

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fluconazole is a antifungal medication Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow-up with picture. The picture of the lesion is suggestive of Fungal or bacterial infection. Confirmatory diagnosis can be done by clinical examination and investigation. As i have suggested, You can take single dose of fluconazole orally and can apply ointment like Lobate GM or Quadriderm RF or tricloderm. Fluconazole is a antifungal used for prevention or treatment of superficial or systemic fungal or yeast infection. Consulting a local dermatologist will be better as he/she can do proper clinical examination and necessary treatment. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Cause of itchy red dots on toes and treatment for yeast infection? 33 minutes later
Ok so I would have to go see a doctor to get this one dose?

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, both diagnosis and dosage Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow up. I was suggesting dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis by clinical examination and then depending on the findings he shall formulate the dosage or change the drugs. If you do not have any queries, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.