Cause of frequent urge to pass stools after eating?

1. For the past 3 weeks or so, I have been having the following symptoms: a) the urge to visit toilet immediately after eating anything substantial, to pass stools, this sensation is recurring / repetitive. b) acute burning pain in the anal area especially when passing stools c) acute farting d) bleeding with or without stools I consulted a gastroenterologist and was advised some tests, of which CRP is positive, and ESR is high 65mm/hr. I was not happy with the information provided by the gastroenterologist, nor has the prescription (some Lignocain ointment) with probiotic (enterogermina caps) helped. I have been advised surgery. I want to know : a) which specialist should I consult b) what are the possible causes c) if sugery is required, are there non-invasive, safer (like laser etc) options available. I am female, homemaker, 47, vegetarian, with a history of rheumatoid arthritis, which is fully under remission - no medication, no pain. No known allergies or other conditions. Thanks
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of fissure in anus Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms With the symptoms of pain/Burning in peri-anal region along with bleeding i would suggest the possibility of Fissure in anus. Fissure is a small ulcer at opening of the anus. Diagnosis of this condition requires good visual examination under good light. As the symptoms are of short duration, medical management is quite possible. Many of the individuals may have bowel movements after eating because of Gastro-colic reflex( Any distension of stomach will cause motility of colon promoting bowel movement). I would suggest you to seek the help of proctologist for further management. In the meantime i would suggest you the following which may definitely help you. I would suggest you the following 1. Drink plenty of water everyday:. It will help by mixing with the fiber of diet and give bulk to the stools so that they are well formed and soft. 2. High Fiber diet: Vegetable salad( 2 servings a day), Fruits especially citrus fruits. 3. Avoid Diet causing constipation: Especially those food stuffs containing refined flour like cakes, bread, biscuits, cookies 4. Hot Seitz bath: Add a handful of common table salt in a tub of lukewarm water and immerse the bottom by sitting in it. Every such session should last for 15 to 20 minutes. Two such session a day, one in the morning and one before retiring to bed at night. It would also be benificial to repeat it after every bowel movement. It will help in healing of fissure, decrease pain and relieve internal sphincter spasm. 5. Local application of local anesthetic ointment like Xylocaine will help in relief of pain. Apply it 15- 20 minutes prior to every bowel movements and also before retiring to bed. 6. Nifedepine Ointment: Local application of it will relieve the spasm of internal sphincter and help accelerate fissure healing. Almost all my patients have benefited from this by religiously following it and making it the part of their lifestyle especially water intake and high fiber diet. I hope the same will help you too. Take Care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD