Cause of discomfort in head and sensitivity to sound?

ENT Specialist
this morning I woke up with a weird feeling in my head it feels like when I talk my own voice feels like the top of my head is vibrating and I am very sound sensitive to anyone talking in a normal voice.I also feel very tired and scared because my mother died of a brain anurism when she was fifty four and I am going to be fifty two is ther a chance I could be having the same thing. .
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later
Brief Answer: As below: Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. The symptoms that you describe suggest hyperacusis. 2. Get your ears examined and get hearing tests done. If these are normal, then the hyperacusis is due to stress and anxiety. 3. Brain aneurysms are extremely rare. Let a Neurologist examine you in detail. For a screening, there are MRI Scan machines that can do a non contrast DSA (Digital SUbtraction Angiography). Since flow voids are seen in blood vessels, the software can reconstruct blood vessels and blank out the other soft tissue signals. 4. A normal Scan should ease your worry. It will prove beyond doubt that you do not have an aneurysm. 5. In addition, Blood Pressure / Blood Sugar fluctuations and Cervical Spondylosis should be ruled out as it may be the cause of the strange feeling in the head. I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them. Regards.