Cause of cysts on penile shaft and treatment?

I have cyst like areas on my penile shaft. I am trying to determine if they are in fact cysts or if I have something like molluscum contagiosum. If they are cysts, why are they occuring and how can I stop them? I have attached photos.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Viral infection molluscum contagiosum Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . I have seen the attached pictures . You seem to have developed lesions of mollusctm contagiosum. You must be aware that this is a viral infection and needs to be immediately managed to prevent it's further spread. I would advise you to see a local doctor soon for its management and also exercise adequate contraception to prevent it's spread to your partner. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Cause of cysts on penile shaft and treatment? 19 hours later
I have an appointment to see my doctor on Thursday. It was the earliest I could get an appt. What precautions can I take until then? Should I watch the area or just rinse with water? I do want to spread the infection further. Also, I have read that tea tree oil can be helpful in the healing process? I have used tea trea oil soap in the past and thought this may be an option in addition to treatment.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: General precautions Detailed Answer: HI again You can clean the affected area with a normal soap and water. Try not to scratch the lesions . Use adequate contraception . Tea tree oil when used alone is not very effective in adults. So I would not recommend you to use the same. Dr Geetika Paul